If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been creating recipes for a very long time and recently created a blog which has become rather popular. (http://jumpintomykitchen.blogspot.com/) In this recipe I marinated the meat for over two hours in Portuguese red wine along with herbs and spices, then grilled it so the outside was almost burnt and the inside was tender and pink. Served on a Portuguese bun, called a 'carcaca' (pronounced 'carcassa'). A nice variation would be to top it with sauteed baby chanterelle mushrooms. I served it open faced with sweet potato fries. - JumpIntoMyKitchen!
- 24 ounces Flank Steak cut into 4 equal strips
- 2 cups Portuguese red wine, from Douro region
- 2 teaspoons Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Heavy cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons Fast dissolving flour
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Portuguese buns, halved and buttered
- Cut steak into 4 equal pieces, lengthwise.
- Prepare Marinade: In a large bowl, mix wine, spices, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Add beef to marinade, and refrigerate for 2 hours or more, basting occasionally.
- Turn BBQ to high. Basting frequently, grill beef strips until almost burnt on the outside, pink on the inside. (approx. 3-6 minutes per side). Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- Pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and simmer until 1/3 has evaporated. Add cream and flour, mixing constantly until thickened slightly.
- Grilled the halved buns on both sides.
- Serve the beef open-faced on a bun, with sauce poured under and over it. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.