Author Notes: This recipe comes from Phoenix Arizona where we love spice and love to grill! - Lisa Jensen
Corn & Pepper Salsa
- 2 cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 3/4 cups Bell Peppers diced (red & green mixed)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Jalapeno pepper seeded & minced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
Spicy Flank Steak
- 1 Large Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Your favorite purchased salsa
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- Add corn, bell peppers, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon or lime juice, white wine vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the corn & pepper mixture, toss together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve (can be made a day ahead).
- Add flank steak, balsamic vinegar or red wine, chipotle peppers, salsa and lime juice to a large Ziploc bag and rotate to cover the steak. Marinate 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat. When grill is hot, add steak and grill 4 minutes each side for medium rare.
- When steak is done, let rest 5 minutes and then slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1/2 cup of the corn & pepper salsa on each plate. Add 3 slices of steak to each plate and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak