If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a lovely recipe which works great for left over potatoes...with a mexican spin. The sweet, spicyness of the chorizo and bacon lift the flavours of the potatoes and sprouts - Kitchen Butterfly
Patatas Bravas deluxe
- 250g (Mini) brussel sprouts, cleaned
- 125g Bacon bits
- 125g Chorizo, chopped
- 1kg cooked potatoes, cut into chunks
- 12 Pecans
- 10 Little gem lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Chipolte sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper to season
- Prepare brussels sprouts for cooking by removing the buds from the stalk. Cut away the stem and then peel and discard the surface leaves that are loosened by cut.
- Place in a steamer on medium heat. Salt and steam for no longer than 5 minutes. These are mini sprouts so they cook quickly. Overcooking changes the colour and releases 'sulphuric odours', which most people hate! Once cooked, take cover off the pan and let cool. If using larger ones,cook for a couple of minutes extra
- While sprouts are cooking, desalt bacon by placing in a bowl and pouring freshly boiled water over it to extract some of the salts. Remove, rinse and squeeze out excess water after 2-3 minutes
- In a dry pan, put chorizo chunks and bacon and let cook till brown and the fat is rendered. Drain oils away and dry with kitchen tissue
- You'll have to cook in batches: So ensure your potatoes, chorizo+bacon and sprouts are divvied up into equal batches
- Heat up a large pan on medium heat and place a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of cooking oil. When butter is melted, add potatoes and let cook, tossing about till all sides are brown.
- Add the chorizo and bacon and toss about. Let cook for a minute and then add the pecans and brussel sprouts and let heat through, another minute or two. Take off heat
- To serve: Place 1 or 2 whole lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon the potato mix into it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
A Comic(al) Way to Cook
A classic cookbook goes illustrated.
Cooking the classics from comics.
Memorial Day made easy.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Kothu paratha: one-upping one-pot meals.
Mortar and pestle perfection.