If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I HAVE HAD A CAN OF BLACK BEANS READY TO USE FOR WEEKS AND I FINALLY FACED UP TO THE CHALLENGE TODAY! THE RESULT: THE MOST AMAZING BLACK BEAN DIP I'VE EVER HAD. THIS MAY BE EXAGGERATED SLIGHTLY, BUT ITS DAMN GOOD! —DUZE @BakingBackwards
Makes a tub
- 1 SMALL CAN ORGANIC BLACK BEANS IN SEA SALT
- 1 SMALL LEMON, JUICE AND ZEST (OR 1/2 MEDIUM LEMON)
- 1/2 LIME, JUICE
- 1 TSP COARSE SEA SALT
- 2 TBSP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 TBSP WHITE WINE VINEGAR
- 1/2 SMALL RIPE AVOCADO
- 1/4 RED ONION, CHOPPED
- 2 LARGE CLOVES, ORGANIC PURPLE GARLIC, PRESSED
- 2 SLICES CANNED JALAPENO PEPPER, OR MORE IF YOU LIKE IT SPICY
- FRESHLY CRACKED BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE
- DRAIN AND RINSE THE BEANS IN COLD WATER IN A SIEVE UNTIL THE WATER RUNS CLEAR. LEAVE TO DRAIN. WHILE DRAINING, PREPARE LEMON JUICE AND GARLIC.
- PLACE CITRUS JUICE AND ZEST, JALAPENO SLICES AND GARLIC IN A MIXING BOWL. LEAVE TO SIT A FEW MINUTES (I FIND THIS TAKES THE EDGE OFF THE RAW GARLIC). ADD THE DRAINED BEANS. ADD THE VINEGAR AND CHOPPED ONION.
- USING A HAND MIXER, PUREE THE CONTENTS OF THE BOWL UNTIL SMOOTH. ADD THE SALT, PEPPER AND AVOCADO. PUREE UNTIL SMOOTH AND DESIRED PEPPER IS ACHIEVED. ADJUST THE SEASONINGS TO YOUR TASTE. STORE IN TUPPERWARE FOR A WEEK OR TWO. FLAVOR WILL LIKELY BE ENHANCED IN A DAY.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.