If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
citrus & pomegranate molasses dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon flavored extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Salt & fresh cracked peppercorn to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed toasted cumin
- Salt to taste
- To make pomegranate molasses from scratch, add the entire contents of a 1 liter bottle of pomegranate juice & boil until thickened in a wide skillet. (the molasses is ready when a wooden spoon drawn through the bottom of the pan leaves the pan surface exposed for sometime before the molasses covers it up). 1 liter of juice yields about 1/4 -1/3 cup of molasses.
- Combine the molasses, fresh orange juice, the olive oil, orange zest, salt, pepper & toasted cumin & whisk together till combined. Taste and adjust for the seasoning. set aside in refrigerator till required.
Grilled summer salad
- 1 cob fresh corn
- 2 1/4 inch slices fresh pineapple
- 2 medium peruvian purple potatoes
- 2 medium red potatoes diced
- 1 persian cucumber, diced (OR)
- 1/2 english hothouse cucumber (diced)
- arils from 1/2 a fresh pomegranate (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 sprig cilantro or 8-10 mint leaves
- 3-4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Peel & dice the potatoes. into 1/2 inch cubes. drizzle olive oil & add the sea salt & black pepper. Marinade for ~ 15 minutes. Roast till golden brown in a 400 F oven (~ 1/2 hr) or in a grill basket over a grill.
- In a grill pan over high heat, grill the pineapple slices till the char marks are well defined (~ 2 minutes on each side). remove, cut each slice into 8 wedges & set aside to cool
- Remove the husks from the corn & grill over the stove top till the surface just begins to char. Using a kitchen knife, shave the kernels from the cob and add to a large bowl.
- Stack the mint leaves over each other and finely shred into a chiffonade
- Add the cucumbers, and the pomegranate arils (if you chose to add them) to the corn & toss to combine. Add the pineapple & the potatoes to the mix. Drizzle with the dressing as per taste & Garnish with the fresh mint leaves (or cilantro). Serve on the lettuce leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.