If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds flank steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes (like Yukon Gold), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Using metal tongs, broil poblano peppers over a gas stovetop until the skins blister, about 3 minutes. Broil all sides of the peppers evenly. Immediately place peppers in a large resalable plastic bag and seal bag. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Peel peppers and remove stems. Throw away the skin, stems, and seeds. Roughly chop peppers.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Cook beef until golden brown on all sides. Remove beef with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Cook the onion in the same pot until tender, about 6 minutes. Add beef, poblanos, broth, tomatoes, garlic, ¼ cup cilantro, cumin, chili powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to high to bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Skim excess fat from soup. Garnish with remaining chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!