If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With all the brussels sprouts critics out there, this one is great for converting the doubters. The subtle flavor of green tea is a great match for the gentle tone of honey; just as the sweetness of the brussels sprouts greatly complements the savory zing of turkey bacon (which is a healthier alternative). The red wine reduction adds a delicious and full finish to the dish. - Mariya
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 brussels sprouts (stem trimmed and cut in half)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup green tea (steeped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2/3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parsley garnish
- Brown the turkey bacon in olive oil until just cooked, but not crispy; remove and reserve.
- Add brussels sprouts to the pan and cook on low heat; add honey, olive oil, half of the green tea, cayenne, salt, and pepper; cook until tender (approximately 15 min), adding more green tea as needed (do not let the pan completely dry out).
- Remove brussels sprouts and reserve.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine and reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and reduce by half.
- Turn the pan off and toss in the butter.
- Roll two halves if brussels sprouts in each bacon slice; top with pan sauce, garnish with parsley, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts