If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those who are adventurous, this combination of flavors is really delicious! The sweet watermelon goes perfectly with the salty and tangy flavor of za’atar. You can find za’atar at any mediterranean market or you can always make your own. —Justforlicks
- 1 Watermelon, cut to serve
- 1/4 cup sumac
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a pan, lightly roast sesame seeds until they are light brown.
- To a mortar, add all spices including sesame seeds and salt and grind them down with a pestle. The consistency should be slightly grainy, not powdery.
- Sprinkle on the watermelon and serve.