If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one my folks used to do often in the summer with all cuts of beef...chuck, sirloin, flank..whatever was available. Only three ingredients and proportions of mustard and salt depend on the size of the steak. - inpatskitchen
Makes a 2 pound flank steak
- 1 two pound flank steak, scored on both sides
- Kosher salt
- Yellow (ballpark) mustard
- On a rimmed baking sheet large enough to hold the steak, sprinkle a generous amount of salt to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Slather enough mustard on one side of the steak to completely cover it. (You don't want to see steak)
- Place the mustard coated side on to the pan and press down firmly to make sure the salt adheres.
- Slather more mustard on the top side of the steak the same way and then sprinkle generously with more salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours ( more if you have time).
- Pull the steak out of the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Grill on a super hot grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until rare or medium rare, depending on your preference. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes and then slice thinly across the grain on the diagonal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak