If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ITS DELICIOUS. TRUST ME. :) - DUZE @BakingBackwards
Serves a tub
- 1 large can organic white beans (I prefer white kidney but you can also use white navy beans) in sea salt
- 1 organic lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 cloves organic garlic, or 2 large cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 small handful fresh basil, washed in warm water
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 baby red onions, peeled and chopped, or 1/4 large red onion
- Drain and rinse the beans in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the garlic and the juice and zest of the lemon. Allow to sit a few minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans. Add the onions and vinegar. Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the avocado in chunks. Puree. Add the salt and pepper and olive oil. Puree. Taste and adjust pepper to your preference. Add the fresh basil rinsed in warm water (this amps up the flavor). Puree until smooth. Taste, adjust seasonings to your preference. Serve immediately or refrigerate a day and serve. Will keep a few days in the fridge and benefit from some time. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.