If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came off my grill when I had too many peppers and tomatoes several times this summer including last night. I often grill summer squash and zucchini to add to the salad as well assorted Italian olives.
For a fun casual summer dinner serve the salad in small crisp bread bowls along with a salumi plate and good wine.
- Assorted red, yellow, green, orange pepper varieties sliced in large wedges
- 1 large red onion, 1/2 slices
- 6-8 thick slices of ciabatta, drizzled with oil
- 5-6 fresh tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound or more halved yellow pear tomatoes or red cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons table capers drained
- Fresh basil leaves, about 8, torn
- 2 Fresh oregano, a sprigs, torn or minced
- 1-2 sprig fresh thyme leaves, minced
- A few leaves of fresh marjoram
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut up the tomatoes and place into a large serving bowl, sprinkle with a little pepper and add the capers, stir, cover and set aside.
- Heat a grill to high. Drizzle the pepper and onion slices with oil, sprinkle with S+P grill, turn until there is just a tinge of char and still tender crisp, remove to a plate to cool and cut into large pieces. Add vegetables to tomatoes, toss add fresh herbs, a little EVOO, Champagne, red wine, or balsamic vinegar or make your favorite vinaigrette.
- Cut the grilled bread into large cubes and to salad along with a little grated cheese, season to taste and toss.
- *Optional vinaigrette: 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard ½ teaspoon honey 3 tablespoons red or white wine, red or white balsamic or champagne vinegar 6 tablespoons EVOO Salt and pepper
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.