If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe for this chili goes to Ellie Krieger in her book "So Easy." I added my own taste and flavors to it and upped the heat level as well.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight as it takes only about 40 minutes to prepare and cook and it’s all done in one pot (meaning little clean up). I use turkey for this chili as it’s lower in fat and cholesterol and in an effort to eat healthier (which we all should, RIGHT?!), it’s a great way to get protein and packs a lot of flavor. Since it’s chili, you can always top with a little sour cream or cheese, but I prefer cilantro and lime juice--and, of course with a couple of crackers on the side! - mpittsm
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 poblano peppers, charred with skin removed, roughly diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pound white-meat turkey
- 1 can (15.5 oz) white beans such as cannelini, drained and rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 15.5 oz can hominy, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano peppers and cook, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander,cayenne and oregano, stirring until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or potato masher, until the meat is no longer pink (about 2 minutes). Add the white beans and broth. Cook partially covered and stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Add the hominy and corn and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with cilantro and lime juice if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.