If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is rich and creamy and comforting all in one. Its on the table in under half an hour and cinch to put together. If you can’t find Mexican crema, just combine equal parts creme fraiche and sour cream. As a side I usually serve with classic white rice. —mpittsm
- 5 fresh poblano peppers (or canned, peeled and seeded))
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen are fine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or part sour cream, part creme fraiche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons easpoons powdered chicken stock (recommended Knorr or Maggi)
- salt and pepper
- Char the poblano peppers directly over the gas flame on the stove or under the broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a plastic bag and let steam for 10 minutes.
- While peppers are cooling, coat the pan with 2 tablespoons oil and warm a large skillet on medium heat, add the chicken breasts and cook on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the other two tablespoons of oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the corn kernels and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Peel and seed the peppers. Cut the peppers into 1/2-inch strips (a.k.a rajas) and add them to the onion and corn mixture and cook until the corn is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and Mexican crema, (or combination of creme fraiche and sour cream), add back the chicken, and cook until just bubbling, about for 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.