If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chili rellenos are chili peppers which are stuffed...usually with a picadillo or cheese and then served as part of a larger meal. I think they are a fantastic side to grilled meat or fish. You can use any type of large chile pepper. I prefer to use Hatch chilies but these can be difficult to come by since the season is short. Poblanos work just as well.
Chili rellenos can be baked or deep fried. In this recipe, I have stuffed mild roasted hatch chilies with a simple mixture of goat cheese, raisins, and pine nuts. They are baked and then drizzled with warm Crema Mexicana to serve. —Waverly
- 8-10 large Hatch or Poblano chili peppers, roasted, stemmed, seeded, and sliced lengthwise down one side
- 9 ounces goat cheese
- 3 ounces raisins, chopped
- 2 ounces pine nuts, lightly toasted
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup Crema Mexicana
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- MAKE STUFFING: Preheat the oven to 350. In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, raisins, and pine nuts. Season with salt.
- STUFF AND BAKE: Lay the chile peppers in a large baking pan. Stuff them with the cheese mixture then securely close them with toothpicks. Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes.
- HEAT CREMA AND SERVE: In a small saucepan, heat the crema Mexicana over LOW heat until it is warm. When chiles are ready, place 1 or 2 on a plate and drizzle with warm crema. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.