If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We were in the mood for south of the border for breakfast this morning, and the store had these beauties of poblano pepper and viola this recipe as born. —adamnsvetcooking
Serves 2 to 3 people
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Strips of bacon, diced
- 1 Medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 Medium size poblano peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon Mild chili powder
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add the bacon, rendering the fat (~5 to 10 mins). Add the onions and sauté until onions are translucent and start to get sweet. Add the poblano peppers, saute until the some of the skin starts to blister. Crack the eggs on top of the onion/poblano peppers/ bacon mixture. Cover the skillet with a backing sheet until the whites of the eggs start to cook. Place the shredded cheese on top of the eggs and place under the broiler for the cheese to melt slightly and for the eggs to finish cooking. Be careful not to over cook the yoke. Serve and Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).