If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good, spicy salsa. After moving from the Southwest to the East coast I found it increasingly difficult to find good, fresh salsas so I started just making my own and experimenting with heat levels. This salsa has 2 kinds of peppers: jalapeno and (feels like you ate the sun!) habanero. Serve with on chips or tacos and a tall glass of milk! —mpittsm
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (remove seeds and vein if you prefer less spicy)
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (the juice of about 1 ½ limes)
- 1 habanero pepper, finely diced (remove seeds and vein if you prefer less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- Mix all the finely diced ingredients together, taste for salt (and more lime, if you’re like me). Put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the ingredients merry. Enjoy on anything (well, almost anything!) **If you prefer a less chunky salsa, put everything in the blender or food processor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.