If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ...with a few friends. My original idea of serving this in a poblano boat capsized. But the pairing of flavors led me to a fresh salad on a bed of greens. With plenty of avocado, this salad does not need olive oil, but feel free to add a little if you would prefer. —Sagegreen
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted
- bed of tender greens such as water spinach or baby spinach
- sections from 2 pink grapefruit with all their juice
- 2 Haas avocados, diced
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeno and sweet onion, or fresh minced
- 4 leaves of lemon verbena, chiffonade
- 2 ounces pan roasted pistachios or Pepitas, if you need this to be nut-free
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- pinch of Aleppo pepper
- pinch of Maldon salt flakes or pink Himalayan salt
- Oven roast the poblano peppers at 375 degrees; check after 15 minutes or so and turn. When blistered all around, remove and place in a brown bag or plastic wrap. Then remove the skins. Cut and wipe out the seeds and membranes. Slice the poblano into inch long slivers. I love the color the oven method gives you, but you could use whatever method you like.
- Plate a bed of greens. Arrange the poblano slivers, pink grapefruit sections and avocado on top. Add some diced pickled jalapeno and sweet onions (see my quick and easy recipe) http://www.food52.com/recipes/13497_pickled_hot_sweet_chili_peppers_and_onions or just use fresh ones. Add a chiffonade of lemon vebena. Top with freshly pan roasted pistachios or Pepitas, some Aleppo pepper and Maldon salt. Squeeze the juice of a lime to finish. Gently toss so the flavors cross pollinate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.