If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The core recipe comes from the book "Even more top secret recipes", from Todd Wilbur. The variation comes from adding tabasco chipotle sauce with a hint of lime.
The recipe can be used in many applications from dips to garnish steaks, chops, salads and seafood. —ROBOSLEYB
Makes 8 cups
- 1-14 ounces Tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 1-28 ounces Tomatoes, crushed
- 1-12 ounces Beer, Water maybe substituted
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green pepper, de-stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup White vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Onion, dried, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic, dried, minced
- 1 cup Corn, cut, frozen
- 3 Limes, juice from limes
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped and to taste
- Place the fresh onion, coarsely chopped, and the green pepper de-stemmed, seeded, and coursely chopped, into a food processor and finely chop. Transfer the onion and bell pepper to a sauce pan along with the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. When done, remove from heat and cool. When cool, place in a sealed air tight container and refrigerate over night.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).