If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe can be made with a meat or cheese filling-either way it's easy and simple to assemble and a great weekday dinner. It's also a healthier and cleaner version of the typical fried Chile Relleno recipes most of us are familiar with. - boruka
- 6 poblano peppers
- 1 pound pound ground beef (or half pork and half beef) or, if using just cheese, 8 oz Monterey Jack
- 6 plum tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Maggi sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 medium diced potatoes
- 3 diced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced green olives
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Roast tomatoes in an oven at 400ºF for about 15 minutes. Once cool, put in a blender with 1/4 cup water, together with the onion and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium sized pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and brown the meat (if using), breaking up big pieces. Add salt and pepper -about 1/4 teaspoon each, and the “Maggi” -or soy sauce and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is browned. Add the pureed tomatoes, carrots, olives, potato, and peas. Simmer for 20 over medium heat, until everything is thickened.
- Meanwhile, grill the Poblano peppers on the stove or roast them in the oven, 400ºF for 15-20 minutes. Then put them in a plastic bag and close tight. After 10 minutes peel them and take out the seeds, being careful of not breaking them.
- Once they are clean, boil them in salted water and 2 teaspoons of white vinegar for 5 minutes. Drain and dry them with a paper towel.
- Stuff the peppers with the ground beef mix or with cheese and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.