If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We used to travel west every year and somewhere from Texas to California I tasted a tangy vinaigrette and came home to design my own version.
I have used other dried peppers when I’m out of the dried anchos but pay attention to the heat level.
We enjoyed some of the dressing served with a salad of Bibb lettuce, arugula, corn grill roasted and removed from the cob, red and green chopped onions and a few yellow and red grape tomatoes. - ibbeachnana
Makes about a cup
- 1 dried ancho chile seeds removed, re-hydrated and finely chopped
- 1 Small bunch of cilantro about ½ cup, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice adjust amount to suit your taste
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon New Mexico chile powder
- Blend all dressing ingredients. Serve with a salad of Bibb lettuce, arugula, roasted removed from the cob, red and green chopped onions and a few yellow and red grape tomatoes.
Tags: Tangy pepper vinaigrette
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.