Author Notes: after receiving lots of jalapenos from a friends garden, we tried them in one of our favorite eggplant preparations...
this dish is wonderful at room temp, tossed into salads, served with a piece of fish or a lamb chop...even served with some fresh mozzarella alongside. - Carole Magness
- 1 1/2 pound sliced eggplant, any kind
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced mint mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- Toss eggplant with a good pinch of salt, pepper, and the olive oil
- spread on a sheet pan; parchment lined is best; place in a 400 degree oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender, but not mushy
- Combine, pepper, garlic ,capers and mint
- Cool eggplant, layer with marinade, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and let sit in a cool place a few hours. A nice dish in summer..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe