If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is about as common as it gets in most Indian homes, irrespective of geographic & cultural differences. Alu subzi, poori masala, it goes by multiple names and is served for quickly whipped up breakfast, lunch, tea time & suppers with dosa, roti, puri, rice or even grilled in between two slices of bread.
Hungarian wax peppers are not a variety of chili pepper found in the old country, but they work beautifully in this dish by adding heat & the characteristic aroma of chili as well as a substantial 'vegetable' given its meaty texture. —Panfusine
- 4-6 hungarian wax peppers, deseeded & diced
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled in their skins
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon Black Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 dried arbol chile, split in two
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- tablespoons fincely minced Cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Peel & crumble the boiled potatoes once they've cooled.
- Heat oil in a skillet, when smoking hot, add the mustard, cumin, give a stir, wait for the mustard to sputter, lower the heat and add the arbol chile, when it browns, add the torn curry leaves, onions & wax peppers & Saute till the onions turn translucent. sprinkle the asafetida & give a stir.
- Add the crumbled potatoes, turmeric and salt. combine till the turmeric imparts an even color. add a cup of water, cover & simmer on low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
- drizzle with lime juice, stir & transfer to a serving dish, Garnish with cilantro prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.