If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a desire to make others love the brussel sprout as much as I do ... so who doesn't love bacon and toasty pecans? —aargersi
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 4 strips center cut bacon
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get a large pot of salty water boiling. Trim the brussles sprouts and cut them in half. Blanch them in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then plunge them in ice water. When chilled, remove, pat dry and set aside.
- Toast the pecans in a large skillet, then set aside.
- Warm the skillet to medium high, and add the olive oil. Chop the bacon into 1/2 inch chunks and add to the skillet, along with the onion. Cook until the onions are caramelized and the bacon has crisped. Chop the sundried tomatoes and add them along with the brussel sprouts and garlic. Allow to cook until the brussel sprouts begin to brown, then add the sherry, broth, and rosemary. Cook until the liquid is evaporated, taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Top with toasted pecans and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.