If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes, the day after a big party at our house is a little rough. I always feel like I need something comforting, yet savory, with a kick. This recipe was born from the "morning after," leftover rice and my never ending supply of frozen Hatch Green Chili. I won't tell you how often I have to make this.
I get my Hatch Green Chili shipped to my home. Canned Hatch Brand Green Chili is available in some markets including Whole Foods Markets and on line. You can process your own Anaheim or Poblano green chilies for this. The key is a diced chili that will hold up to a quick stir fry and not disintegrate. I have found that leftover rice is best for this, because it dries out a bit in the fridge. Finally, if you really like heat, drizzle the final bowl with hot chili oil or home-made garlic chili oil. - Edgewatercook
- 1 cup almond slices (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Hatch Green Chili
- 1 cup smoked turkey chunks
- 1 teaspoon Tobasco or other chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter - divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 large fresh jalepeno pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the sliced almonds in a dry skillet until just browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the skillet to medium high. When hot, add the oil and then the cup of chopped onions. Stir fry until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 T butter, rice, chili, smoked turkey chunks and Tabasco. Reduce heat to medium. Stir to mix all the ingredients and heat through. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- While the rice mixture is heating, fry 2 eggs in another skillet, using 1 T butter.
- Chop the jalapeno chili into fine, tiny dice.
- To assemble: Divide the rice mixture into two bowls. Sprinkle 1/2 of the toasted almonds over each bowl. Top each bowl with one fried egg. Sprinkle 1/2 of the diced jalapeno pepper over each bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Optional: drizzle with hot chili or garlic chili oil.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.