If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dog days of summer again and I’m in no mood to stand over a hot grill or heat the house by turning on the oven so crock pot here I come Posole for casual company dinner.
- 3 pounds salt and pepper seasoned browned pork butt cubes, about 2 inch pieces or a leaner cut if you prefer
- 1 onion ¼ inch dice, sautéed in pan after pork
- 10 ounces salsa verde (I’ve used green enchilada sauce)
- 10 ounces 1/4 inch diced roasted green chiles
- 1 (28 ounce) can of hominy, drained
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, heaping teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup New Mexico chile powder
- 32 ounces chicken stock or broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place browned cubed pork, 3 lbs in a slow cooker with onions, hominy, oregano, garlic, chile powder, cumin, paprika, chicken broth, roasted chiles. Slow cook for 6-8 hours (until the pork is fork tender), checking the moisture level in case you need to add more stock.
- Serve with Cornbread and garnishes of red sliced radishes, lime wedges, red or white onions, fresh cilantro, crushed chile pequin and chile pequin entero (really hot), and a mix of sliced red and green cabbage
- I forgot to mention that I season the pork with some of the seasonings and marinate overnight. Deglaze the meat and onion pan with 1/4 cup tequila
Tags: Slow cooker friendly
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.