If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This came from out love of the Tex mex flavors.
This is so versitile you can use flank steak, round steak, or chicken like I have here. —jane mcmillan
- 4 medium sized poblano or anaheim peppers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces chorizo, casings removed
- 4 ounces sante fe cooking creme (found in cream cheese section)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup cream or sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Wash poblano peppers and put under the broiler, turning them to char all around.
- Put in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to steam for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the charred skin, set aside.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and saute the onion til translucent, then the garlic, cook til fragrant.
- Take the chorizo out of it's casing and crumble and cook along with the onions and garlic. Cook until chorizo is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, put the cooking creme and add the chorizo mixture right in, mix well. Add the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Split the poblano from top to bottom and stuff with 1/4 of the filling.
- Pound out the chicken breasts until they are big enough to go around the poblano.
- Put the stuffed poblano in the middle of the chicken, seam side down. Tuck the ends up around the end of the pepper, then wrap both sides up around the pepper.Secure with butchers twine.
- Pour salsa over chicken and bake in a preheated 350°until it registers done and is nice and brown.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking cover chicken with pepper jack cheese to melt.
- Serve with chopped onions, sour cream, and sides of yellow rice and black beans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.