Author Notes: Ever since I came across the technique for making 'polo' ,an Iranian rice dish seasoned with fresh herbs, I've never lost an opportunity to experiment with any herb I can get my hands on. when my local neighborhood farm from where I've pledged to get my veggies daily all summer had wax beans, hungarian peppers & lemon basil today, all I needed was a sprigs worth of thyme from my own patch to make this light lunch offering. Serve with a side of fresh cucumber raita. - Panfusine
- 2 cups warm cooked basmati rice, fluffed
- 4 hungarian wax peppers, deseeded & finely diced
- 1 cup wax beans, cut finely & blanched in salted water
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons fine chiffonade of lemon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, bruised
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- heat ghee in a skillet, when hot, add the sesame seeds. When the seeds pop, add the peppers & beans, Saute till the peppers soften.
- Add the vegetables & the herbs to the rice in a large mixing bowl. add salt to taste. gently fold the rice over the seasoning & vegetables till evenly dispersed.
- Spritz with lemon juice & serve with a side of cucumber raita
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe