If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since I came across the technique for making 'polo' ,an Iranian rice dish seasoned with fresh herbs, I've never lost an opportunity to experiment with any herb I can get my hands on. when my local neighborhood farm from where I've pledged to get my veggies daily all summer had wax beans, hungarian peppers & lemon basil today, all I needed was a sprigs worth of thyme from my own patch to make this light lunch offering. Serve with a side of fresh cucumber raita. —Panfusine
- 2 cups warm cooked basmati rice, fluffed
- 4 hungarian wax peppers, deseeded & finely diced
- 1 cup wax beans, cut finely & blanched in salted water
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons fine chiffonade of lemon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, bruised
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- heat ghee in a skillet, when hot, add the sesame seeds. When the seeds pop, add the peppers & beans, Saute till the peppers soften.
- Add the vegetables & the herbs to the rice in a large mixing bowl. add salt to taste. gently fold the rice over the seasoning & vegetables till evenly dispersed.
- Spritz with lemon juice & serve with a side of cucumber raita
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.