If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Do you want to add a little kick to your drink? Here is terrific way to spice up any cocktail, smoothie, sangria or punch.
Tropical and juicy, this healthy combination of punch and a cocktail offers vitamins A and C. Jalapeno delivers more than a spicy kick: Anti-inflammatory carotenoids give the pepper its bright red skin. And to spike it: Stir Blanco or Anjou tequila, such as Casa Noble Crystal, into the juice. This organically produced liquor is triple-distilled for a pure agave flavor.
In this recipe came out the “Mad Scientist” side of me, while getting ready for my granddaughters 20th birthday. I used two recipes: one for Spicy Papaya Sunrise Punch, which I watched on Martha Stewarts’ show and the second, just a basic recipe for Tequila Sunrise with an addition of Pomegranate Juice, which I had in a Brazilian restaurant. I used two melons instead of papaya and also expended the ingredients from 1 glass to 6 or 8 including the ice. The health benefit notes are also from Martha Stewarts show.
- • 4 cups orange juice, preferably fresh (from about 8 oranges)
- • 2 cups tequila (Blanco or Anjou tequila, such as Casa Noble Crystal) or any you have
- • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- • 3 cups diced honeydew
- • 3 cups diced watermelon
- • 3 tablespoons lime juice
- • 1 1/2 red jalapeno (sliced; seeded if desired to reduce heat)
- • Ice cubes
- • Slices of lime for garnish
- • Slices of jalapeno for garnish
- Puree melons, lime juice, and jalapeno in a blender until smooth. Strain and chill.
- In a large punch bowl or a pitcher, combine orange, pomegranate juices and tequila; mix in the melon, lime and jalapeno mixture.
- In each glass, place ice, top with the punch. Serve, stirring just before drinking, garnish with a slice each of lime and jalapeno.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Let's Talk Valley
The Hudson Valley that is—here's where to go
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Get your shine on.