If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love raw sauce on pasta, especially in the summer. A room temperature sauce on warm freshly cooked pasta is my idea of summertime goodness. This one is kicked up a bit with hot Hungarian peppers but the heat of jalapenos would work just as well. Leftovers become a lovely pasta salad for lunch the next day. - inpatskitchen
Makes two healthy dinner servings
- 4 cups seeded diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Hungarian hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguini
- Chicken or vegetable broth or water for cooking the pasta
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into a small dice
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper for serving if desired
- Roast the peppers on a grill or stove top. Cover, cool, peel, seed and cut into a fine dice.
- Combine the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and park on the counter for a few hours ( or even more).
- Cook the pasta in the chicken or vegetable broth according to package directions.
- Combine the hot pasta with the tomato sauce and stir in the cheese and basil.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.