If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get the Sweetest Yellow Corn and Make into something special like a wonderful Summer Corn Bisque. We make this Bisque Vegetarian... and you could easily make it Vegan. —Poplar Springs
Serves 8 to 12
Sweet Yellow Corn Bisque
- 12 pieces Yellow Corn Ears
- 1 piece Yellow Onion
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Coriander
- 1 piece Clove Garli
- 2 pieces Medium Poblano Peppers
- 2 quarts Home Made Vegetable Stock
- 8 to 12 ounces Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Molasses
- Cut Kernels from the ears of corn
- Rough Chop Onion and Poblano Pepper
- Sweat in a Sauce Pot your Corn, Onion, Garlic, Peppers and Rosemary with a little Olive oil
- Add Toasted Coriander
- Add Vegetable Stock and Simmer for 30 Minutes
- Add Molasses
- Let cool for 30 Minutes and then using a Blender, blend all ingredients adding the Heavy Cream Slowly.
- Once Blended together and checked for seasoning pass the soup through a China Cap to remove the skins. Chill and Serve as Needed
Toasted Cayenne Oil
- 2 tablespoons Good Quality Cayenne Pepper
- 8 ounces Grapeseed Oil
- Toast Cayenne in a Sauce Pan
- Add Grape Seed Oil
- Let Stand for 12 Hours and Strain through a fine sieve.
- Warm Bisque and Add Cayenne as preferred
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.