If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started making this recipe when my corn loving son's two fron teeth were loose so he could no longer eat it on the cob. He finally lost the teeth, but we are still eating this salad. - rebsilver —rebsilver
Food52 Review: Rebsilver's salad is so simple, only a few ingredients all brought together with a delicious vinaigrette. The grilled corn with avocado and queso fresco are a perfect match and when lightly tossed with the lime vinaigrette this salad really comes to life. Crunchy, sweet, creamy and oh-so-delicious. It works well as a side or on its own (It was my dinner last night). I made one change in the vinaigrette, using the juice of two limes instead of one, I felt that it needed the extra citrus to balance the amount of olive oil in the dressing. Rebsilver really delivered a stellar recipe and I highly recommend you try it -- I know I will be making it over and over again. —sdebrango
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 firm/ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 1 lime. juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Grill the ears of corn until nicely charred. Once the corn has cooled slightly remove the kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocado into wedges. Drizzle with a small amount of the prepared vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad. Put the grilled corn on a platter. Nestle the avocado in and around the corn. Drizzle with lime vinaigrette. Sprinkle the queso fresco and cilantro on top. Finish with a good pinch of salt.
Tags: , corn
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Match your style to your arrangement
Flower arrangements for your style.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The chicest apron around.