If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite places to go out to lunch with my boyfriend is at the restaurant, The Old Post. It's just a little hole in the wall, local pub that has the feel of 'old Missoula, Montana. I love it! They have the most unique and delicious menu.
I have never left there disappointed and my belly is always pleasantly full! One of my favorite lunches is their bowl of Chili (only $2.95!!!) with their homemade Jalapeno Corn Muffins. I love this twist on corn muffins and decided to recreate their muffins but also adding my own twist to the recipe! These muffins go perfect with any Mexican or hearty dish!
- 1-1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1-1/4 cups Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup finely minced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 unseeded and diced Jalapeno Pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted Butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced Cilantro
- 1 cup Corn Kernals
- First preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and ground cumin. Stir it around a bit with your whisk to mix all the ingredients together. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir it all to combine until just moistened.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan about 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Place the muffin pan on a cooling wrack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying! Serve with any Mexican or hearty dish for a fun side!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Everything's Peachy Keen
How to use all that summer fruit
Everything's peachy keen.
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.