If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Purely an experimental effort which resulted in a fabulous sunday morning breakfast! - Panfusine
- 1 cup split yellow mung beans
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 ear's worth of corn kernels
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno deseeded & minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- plain seltzer water for diluting batter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Oil for pan frying as required
- Soak the mung in warm water for 30 min until it rehydrates & plumps up
- Using a blender, grind the mung beans along with the rice flour, lemon juice, jalapeno, salt & cayenne pepper until it becomes a smooth paste.
- transfer to a bowl, wash the blender jar with seltzer and add the liquid to the batter along with the baking powder, enough to get an adequate thickness for pancake batter.
- Using the sides of a chefs knife, smash the corn kernels well and add to the batter along with the cilantro & onion. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a non stick skillet and sprinkle about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds. when they begin to pop, ladle the batter evenly over the seeds. cook till golden brown (~ 2 minutes) on the underside. drizzle with oil & turn the pancake over to cook on the other side (~ 2 minutes)
- Serve hot with a pat of salted butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.