If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe started with opening my fridge and seeing what I had in there. Corn, check. Asparagus, check. Leeks, check. I didn't want to make a quiche, but wanted something tart like with cheese and so this dish was born. It's a wonderful mix and balance of flavors and the crust is a perfect compliment..very much inspired by the olive oil tart crust at chocolateandzucchini.com - yum! - There'sAlwaysPie
Herbed Olive Oil Crust (a la Chocolate & Zucchini)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork as you pout it in.
- Add water and continue to mix. The dough will start to come together in a ball.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit a 10" tart pan.
- Transfer dough to tart pan, trim excess dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes to allow it to rest.
- Place pie weights (or dried rice or beans) on top of the crust and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until lightly browned.
Corn Asparagus Leek Ricotta Tart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks - sliced and rinsed (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup asparagus - cut up into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic - smashed and minced
- 2 ears of corn - kernels removed from cob
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/8 cup fresh basil - chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat up a large sautee pan with olive oil. Add in leeks, asparagus and garlic and let cook until vegetables start to soften - about 5 minutes or so.
- Add corn to sautee pan and continue to cook until the corn starts to brown and soften. Add in salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme and cook for a few more minutes then remove from heat.
- In a bowl mix ricotta, egg, milk and cream with a whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining thyme and all of the fresh basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour corn, asparagus and leek mixture into the cooked tart shell. Pour ricotta herb mixture over top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and tart is set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob