Author Notes: This is an extremely flavorful and colorful salad. The lime lightens up the blackened aspects of the corn, while the pepper adds a kick of spice. The tomato and avocado help build its body, while the grilled green onion offers a unique flavor. There are a lot of greens, and yellows in this salad, making it a great summer addition! Enjoy! - LauraMychal
- 4 Corn Cobs
- 1 Pasilla Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 2 sprigs Green Onion
- 1 cup Heirloom Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Put the husked corn cobs, green onion, and pepper on the outer edges of a hot grill. (Or over the flame on your stove)
- Thoroughly blacken the edges, turning as they cook. They shouldn't be totally blackened, but definitely give them a good char.
- Let them cool to the touch, then cut the kernels of the cobs, roughly chop the pepper, and the green onions (include the bulbs, discard the roots).
- Add these to a medium sized bowl. Chop the tomato and add that too.
- Zest and juice the lime adding them to the mix. Add salt, pepper, olive oil.
- Mix. Finally chop the avocado and add that as well, then mix lightly retaining the structure of your avocado.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob