If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an extremely flavorful and colorful salad. The lime lightens up the blackened aspects of the corn, while the pepper adds a kick of spice. The tomato and avocado help build its body, while the grilled green onion offers a unique flavor. There are a lot of greens, and yellows in this salad, making it a great summer addition! Enjoy! - LauraMychal
- 4 Corn Cobs
- 1 Pasilla Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 2 sprigs Green Onion
- 1 cup Heirloom Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Put the husked corn cobs, green onion, and pepper on the outer edges of a hot grill. (Or over the flame on your stove)
- Thoroughly blacken the edges, turning as they cook. They shouldn't be totally blackened, but definitely give them a good char.
- Let them cool to the touch, then cut the kernels of the cobs, roughly chop the pepper, and the green onions (include the bulbs, discard the roots).
- Add these to a medium sized bowl. Chop the tomato and add that too.
- Zest and juice the lime adding them to the mix. Add salt, pepper, olive oil.
- Mix. Finally chop the avocado and add that as well, then mix lightly retaining the structure of your avocado.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.