If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have tried many recipes for guacamole with corn but it always seemed that something was missing. When I saw the ingredient this week was corn I knew it was time to come up with a guacamole that my family would REALLY LIKE. Hopefully I wouldn't hear "this is good but, there is just something missing." I didn't hear that comment today! This time they think I hit it right. - GiGi26
Makes about 3 cups
- 4 Hass Avocados
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Ears of Corn, husked and grilled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, diced fine
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Brush the husked and cleaned ears of corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on grill turning every 3 or 4 minutes. Let each side become slightly charred. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- When corn has cooled cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Seed and chop the tomato and set aside.
- Combine the Avocado, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, flat leaf parsley, garlic, jalapeno and red onion. Mash together with a fork or potato masher. Stir in sour cream.
- Add corn and tomato and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Jicama, Sliced Radishes, Sweet Peppers and freshly made Tortilla Chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce