If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cooking but I hate cleaning up the mess... especially a dish like braised short ribs. So, I concocted a method of cooking this dish that not only eliminates a LOT of pots and pans but adds imense flavor. I use either bone in or boneless. I use just enough fire power from my BBQ to brown and glaze the ribs and then I close the lid to smoke them for a few minutes. Then on to the braising steps of the recipe. I add a green salad and of course a great bottle of California wine . - dymnyno
- 3 pounds. boneless short ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bottle of dry full bodied red wine, like cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc or merlot
- 2 tablespoons. olive oil
- marinade of oil, ginger, soy sauce
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- handfull of pink peppercorns, for garnish
- In a heavy Dutch oven quickly sautee the onion, celery, and carrots for about 5 minutes.
- Add the entire bottle of red wine (use good red wine...try a glass and if you don't like the taste of the wine, don't use it...always use a wine good enough to drink).
- Reduce the wine to about half.
- Fire up the BBQ or Big Green Egg which is best for smokin'!
- Add the meat to a light mixture of olive oil with a little soy sauce, ginger and toss. Don't put too much spices or flavoring in the marinade...remember it will be reduced in the braising and reduction steps.
- BBQ the meat until brown but not burned. Turn off the flame and leave the ribs in the bbq for a few minutes to add more smokey flavor. Remove from BBQ.
- Add meat to reduced red wine vegetable mixture. Add enough water to barely cover. Throw in the chopped parsley. Put pan cover on and cook in a 250 degree oven for about 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat from pot. Remove vegetables and discard. Strain remaining liquid and return to pot and reduce to a sauce. Cool sauce and remove fat.
- Add meat back to pot . Heat.
- Serve the meat with sauce poured over it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Make It a Party
All tacos, all the time.
All tacos, all the time.
Let Them Shine
DIY Herb Rub
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.