Author Notes: I seem to have a thing for blueberries and corn. This recipe really reminded me of blueberry cornmeal pancakes in a deconstructed sort of way. I freely borrowed from the NY Times Temporary Vegetarian recipe (by way of Jean Georges) but adapted to my own tastes. It is good both hot and cold and it is fairly sweet from the corn. The blueberries and lime juice give it a bit of balance. - rbnyc
- 8 Ears of Corn
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Husk corn and remove silk.
- Using a box grater, grate corn into a medium-sized cast iron (or similar) skillet. This should result in a sweet/milky appearance in the skillet.
- Finely mince jalapeno or other hot pepper and add to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Put skillet in oven. After 15 minutes add blueberries.
- After approximately 20 minutes remove from oven. Corn should have browned edges at rim of skillet.
- Combine into bowl. Stir in butter, juice of 1/2 lime, salt to taste and a pinch of cayenne (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob