If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have recently come the realization that corn and blueberries are amazing together. They are as harmonious as peanut butter and jelly in my book. I recently made Thomas Keller's Blueberry cobbler which in itself is absolutely delicious but I thought what if I add corn and perhaps make the topping more like a corn bread topping and viola! The corny blueberry cobbler was born. I would serve this with dymnyno's corn ice cream or vanilla would work too. —singing_baker
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- pinches Salt
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Fresh corn kernels cut off the cob
- 6 cups blueberries
- 2 cups Fresh corn kernels off the cob
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make topping: Sift flour, cornmeal, baking soda and powder and salt. In a mixer with the paddle attachment combine butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk until fully combined. Fold in corn kernels.
- Make filling: Combine blueberries and corn in a large bowl. Toss with sugar and flour until evenly distributed.
- Place filling in a 11 inch square baking dish or a 9x13 baking dish. Dollop batter on top of filling leaving some space in between the dollops. (dollops should be about a 1/2 cup each). Sprinkle the top with sugar. Bake for about 40 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown. let rest for about 15 minutes before serving. I like to serve this dessert a la mode. enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.