If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are a couple of ears of fresh corn on the counter and soapy-smelling cilantro growing in the garden. Sounds like we're making soup today. Warm, velvety, sweet yet spicy. "Soup is good food," anytime of the year.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can light coconut milk
- 3 ears fresh corn
- juice of one lime
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- handful fresh cilantro leaves
- Remove the corn kernels from the cobs and set aside, keeping the cobs.
- Place oil, onions, garlic and coriander in a large pot and heat to medium. Saute until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the broth and coconut milk.
- Add the corn kernels and cobs and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, then remove cobs and discard.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and sweet chili sauce.
- Blend to thicken slightly using an immersion blender.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.