If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my constant quest to make every food "asian", I was really excited to find this recipe. Usually pasta salads are heavy, mayo-y and lacking the veggies and kick of flavor (tons of garlic and ginger please) that I look for in a meal. This super-healthy recipe is savory yet refreshing - pair it with some chilled sake and you're good to go. I'm also a huge fan of adding lime, hot peppers (try jalapenos or whatever you have around), and peanut butter! —athaler11
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, sliced thin
- 3 whole carrots, shredded
- 2 cups shelled edamame, steamed
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- garlic and ginger to taste
- cook soba noodles according to directions
- chop up vegetables, and toss into a bowl with the soba noodles
- in a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, sesame oil, canola oil, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes
- pour dressing onto noodles and toss to combine
- for this (and lots more like it), go to www.tastethentell.blogspot.com. Enjoy!
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.