If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad, inspired by a dish at FnB restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a flavorful summertime dish combining sweet and savory elements. Shrimp or tofu may be substituted for the scallops. Leftover corn, basil and peach mixture makes a great addition to quinoa! - dbarannik - dbarannik
Food52 Review: Sure the name of this dish is almost like a tongue twister, but there's nothing twisted about the flavors (ooh, that was bad), they're all clean, sweet, and light -- very nice for late summer. I made it while visiting my parents, and they were dubious of the corn-peach-scallop combination, until they tried it (and then went back for seconds.) The corn is sweet and sunny in this salad, but I'd have to say it plays second fiddle to the balsamic peaches, which are tangy and delicious, and not at all too rich. The arugula is quickly wilted by the residual warmth of the corn and peaches, so the salad becomes soft and mellowed, which I thought worked more nicely with the silky scallops than a crisper salad would have. Then, the sprinkling of nuts gives you the crunch you may be looking for. This dish sounds and tastes like it's for a dinner party, but is quick and easy to pull together on a hot weeknight evening. I'll definitely be returning to it. - fiveandspice - fiveandspice
- 10 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sea salt
Basil, Corn, Balsamic Peach and Toasted Almond Salad
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped into ribbons
- 3 peaches or nectarines, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 corn on cob, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 7 ounces arugula or wild rocket
- Rinse sea scallops with water and pat dry.
- Heat large skillet to high. Add butter to skillet and allow to melt.
- Place scallops into skillet. Sear for 1 minute 30 seconds, then gently flip. Sear for additional 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove scallops from heat and transfer to plate.
- Add olive oil to clean pan. Heat pan to medium high heat, then add corn kernels. Season with salt.
- Cook corn for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and just starting to brown.
- Add basil to pan, turn heat to medium and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove corn from heat and transfer to bowl.
- Add peach slices and balsamic vinegar to pan used for corn. Turn heat to medium. Sautee for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until balsamic has begun to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Toast almonds at 450 degrees for 2 minutes or until just brown.
- Wash arugula and place into large serving bowl. Add corn and basil mixture, balsamic peaches and toasted almonds to bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve scallops atop salad, finishing with more balsamic and sea salt if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.