If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We belong to a CSA and get a surprise box of seasonal vegetables every week from May through November. We’re also fortunate to have a farm stand nearby where they grow their own vegetables. We eat corn and tomatoes in season almost every day. I like to cut corn off the cob and make a salad, and that’s what I did with this week’s vegetables. I’ve used raw corn and steamed and cooled corn in this salad—both are good (so it’s great if you have a few ears leftover). - drbabs
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (or a mixture of lemon and lime)
- 2 tablespoons Creole (or other coarse-ground) mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil (more to taste)
- Generous pinch of salt
- Whisk all ingredients together. Taste and adjust ingredients to taste. (This is a pretty tart dressing. You might want a little more oil.)
For the Salad:
- 3 ears of fresh corn (younger the better) kernels cut off the cob
- 1 heart of romaine, chopped into small pieces
- 1 head of endive, halved and sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 cup purslane leaves or watercress
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs and lettuces (I used a mix of basil, arugula, radicchio, and mint.)
- 1-2 scallions, finely chopped into tiny pieces
- ¼ cup crumbled ricotta salata (optional)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Toss all the vegetables and cheese (if using) together. Pour dressing over a little at a time. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper as desired.. Sprinkle pine nuts over and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
We're Gonna Make You Popular
These recipes have gotten a little extra love.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Will Travel For Food
You won't be board with this game.