If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: She came up with the whole thing. I just threw some shrimp at it. In the interest of full disclosure I will admit that I have yet to take a precise measurement when making this. We love it so much that I just get it going and don’t waste time taking notes. Please be sure to thank mrslarkin if you do ever give this a try, and try her Two Aioli and a Lobster Fest, which was the decadent inspiration for this dish. —checker
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice of half a large ruby grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- large handful fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grapefruit juice and chopped tarragon for garnish
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade, testing as you go. (Like I said, I am not totally sure about the measurements. I think that is right for the vinegar but it could be more or less. Here you can blame me and not mrslarkin, because she is such an awesome cook and generous commenter and would never post a recipe without good measurements and I’m sure she will still leave a kind comment here and the point is that she rocks…)
- In a large ziploc bag or lidded container combine the shrimp and marinade. Leave it in the fridge overnight, or as long as possible.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill or grill pan.
- Skewer the shrimp. Cook for about 3-4 minutes a side, or until done.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers and pile them in a bowl or platter. Give them a squirt of fresh grapefruit juice and a light sprinkling of chopped tarragon for garnish. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Recipe of the Day
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Take care of your cutting boards.
Get your shine on.