If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When corn is at its peak during the summer, it can be served fresh off the cob and is sweet, crispy and flavorful. As I was cutting corn off the cob, I thought about confetti and decided to create a colorful salad with the raw kernels. A simple lemon and lime dressing gives the salad a bright, citrusy flavor. Quick and easy for a warm summer evening! - BlueKaleRoad
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced for squeezing
- 1 lime, sliced for squeezing
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stand each ear of corn up in a large bowl and use a knife to cut the corn kernels off the cob. You can save the cobs to simmer in soup stock, or toss them out the back door to the chickens for an afternoon treat as I did.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the raw corn kernels, tomatoes, blueberries, bell pepper, avocado and cucumber. Squeeze the lemon and lime over the mix and stir gently. Add a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir again and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Take Some Time For Yourself
Indulge in a luxe dinner tonight.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars