If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Fourth of July, we head up to my sister's in-laws home in York Harbor, Maine. A neighbor brought a similar salad to this one for a BBQ. He used herbs from his garden, including lovage, although I've left it out as it's a little difficult for most people to find, and I've add a few more veggies from my CSA box. But really, the thing that sets this recipe apart from the others is the contrast of the avocado and thyme. I would never in a million years have guessed that these two would be such good friends. But it works. —CheapBeets
Serves 4 as a side salad
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- In large bowl, toss together the corn, radish, shallots, cucumber and tomatoes. Add the salt, thyme, juice of the fresh lime and olive oil. Toss gingerly. Add the avocado -- the hope is to avoid making the avocado a mushy mess on top of of all these wonderful fresh veggies. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Are Marinades Worth It?
We're getting down to the meat of the issue
Are marinades worth it?
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's best #f52farmstands.
Have a ball (jar).