Author Notes: this recipe is vietnamese inspired...bits of protein scattered among fresh sweet and barely altered corn - christy
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 4 ears of corn
- 3 green onions--finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper--finely chopped
- 6 ounces cooked pork belly*
- 6 chives--finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- steam corn until just tender, do not over cook. allow to cool and remove the kernels from the cob, careful to collect all juice.
- slice the already cooked pork belly into 1/4" slices, then slice 1/4" crosswise to make baton like pieces. pan fry until crispy. set aside.
- place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- before serving, toss in the pork belly. if preparing this in advance, and storing the pork belly in the refrigerator, heat the pork belly a bit to remove the chill a bit, before adding to the corn salad.
- *prepare your pork belly as you would like. for this dish, i marinate 8oz of pork belly in root beer over night. i then slow roast in the oven (325) on top of green apples, sea salt, black pepper and a splash of soy sauce. i make larger batches and keep the pork belly in the freezer for quick preparation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob