If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is vietnamese inspired...bits of protein scattered among fresh sweet and barely altered corn —christy
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 4 ears of corn
- 3 green onions--finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper--finely chopped
- 6 ounces cooked pork belly*
- 6 chives--finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- steam corn until just tender, do not over cook. allow to cool and remove the kernels from the cob, careful to collect all juice.
- slice the already cooked pork belly into 1/4" slices, then slice 1/4" crosswise to make baton like pieces. pan fry until crispy. set aside.
- place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- before serving, toss in the pork belly. if preparing this in advance, and storing the pork belly in the refrigerator, heat the pork belly a bit to remove the chill a bit, before adding to the corn salad.
- *prepare your pork belly as you would like. for this dish, i marinate 8oz of pork belly in root beer over night. i then slow roast in the oven (325) on top of green apples, sea salt, black pepper and a splash of soy sauce. i make larger batches and keep the pork belly in the freezer for quick preparation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.