If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hot sauce is such a simple combination of a few ingredients, that I can't believe I haven't made more of these. So, so many flavor options, and so many levels of heat! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Serves a ton!!
- 6 serrano peppers (trimmed, halved and seeded)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (trimmed, halved and seeded)
- 2 habanero peppers (trimmed, halved and seeded)
- 4 cloves garlic (rough chop)
- 1 spring or small onion (rough chop)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat large saute pan over medium high heat. Add oil, peppers, garlic, onion and a bit of salt to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and 1/2 cup of the vinegar. Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and allow to come up to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
- Toss all ingredients into the food process and stream in the rest of the vinegar. Add a bit of salt. Puree the mixture for about 2 minutes to make sure its really smooth. (Optional: Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to make it really smooth)
- Bottle and refrigerate for at least 5 days and up to 2 weeks before using.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.