If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My old friend is Sicilian and this originates with her and her family. I added in butter and shrimp to make this a one-dish meal. It can be served hot or at room temperature. This can be done with regular linguini or spinach or herb linguini, or with fusilli for interesting texture. Substitute all fresh sage for the herbs for a different flavor profile. Finally, we generally don't put cheese on seafood pasta dishes, but Parmesan is a nice addition here, too. Save the pasta water for soup!!!!! —Edgewatercook
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons crisp white wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
For the Pasta, Corn and Potatoes
- 1 pound linguini
- 3 youkon gold potatoes
- 4 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons fine quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, olive oil, smoked paprika, the wine and parsley. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour - it does not need much time in the marinade. Drain shrimp from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Peel and julienne the potatoes.
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- Slice the leek into thin slices.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Salt as desired. Add the pasta and the potatoes to the pot. After 5 minutes, add the corn. Cook the pasta to al dente. Remove and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and the extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet. Add the leek and the herbs. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the leek is soft. Remove from heat.
- Drain the linguini, potatoes and corn. Place on a large serving platter. Arrange the shrimp on top of the pasta. Pour the contents of the skillet over the pasta and vegetables. Pour the fine extra virgin olive oil over the pasta. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.