If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While taking a little backroads trip through southwest Michigan the past few days we saw blueberries and sweetcorn at every turn. Then while in South Haven we went to a little shop call The Olive Cart. While there I tasted Blueberry White Balsamic Vinegar. From the blueberry fields, the corn fields and the vinegar came my inspiration for this relish. It could easily be served as a side dish as well as a relish, I served it over grilled whitefish.My husband said " I think you just put Michigan on a plate."
It would accompany grilled pork or chicken beautifully - GiGi26
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Blueberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 ears of corn roasted and slightly charred
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (you may want to use cilantro here; we don't care for it so I use the parsley)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup washed blueberries
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Brushed husked and cleaned ears of corn with olive oil . Place on grill, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Let a few kernels on each side become slightly charred. Remove from grill and let cool.
- When corn has cooled enough to handle cut kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Seed and dice tomato, set aside
- Chop, jalapeno, garlic, red onion and parsley very fine and set aside.
- Place olive oil and vinegar in a small jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- Lightly stir corn, tomato, jalapeno, red onion and garlic together.
- Stir in vinegrette.
- Gently toss in blueberries, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
- Salt to taste.
- Chill 3 or 4 hours to allow flavors to come together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.